Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Newly Released: Bringing Home the Mountain-Finding the Teacher Within



Written as a colorful spiritual story, I describe my spiritual search that took me to India, Nepal, and Bali. More than just a telling of my own path to awakening, I weave teachings from a variety of spiritual traditions to assist the reader begin or deepen their own spiritual practice. The book morphed out of spiritual journals I kept for years, which tracked the intimate details of my spiritual experiences and specific practices engaged in. It is written from the heart and I hold little back, exposing the struggles as well as key insights gained during my quest for enlightenment. I describe aspects of the spiritual journey and address specific barriers that keep many on the seeker train. These include understanding the nature of thoughts, the student-teacher dance, the movement of contraction and expansion, the path of devotion vs. the search for truth, mind and meditative states, and more. I have beginning to advanced teachings, and share insights freely. This book was especially written with the advanced seeker in mind, however there is plenty here to help someone new to a spiritual path. It is my greatest wish that 'Bringing Home the Mountain' finds those who can most benefit from its encouraging message. You are what you seek! Consciousness is ever present and is our very own awareness!

"Cathy Jonas’ exciting account of her spiritual journey, Bringing Home the Mountain, overflows with an abundance of experiences and insights. Any genuine seeker should find plenty here to both inspire and instruct on his or her own path to Awakening." ~Joel Morwood (author of The Way of Selflessness, and Naked through the Gate)

To see comments from readers and to view ordering options, please visit my website at:
http://www.cathyrosewelljonas.com/book-reviews-bringing-home-the-mountain.html

For other reviews, check out Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Bringing-Home-Mountain-Finding-Teacher/dp/0982636202/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Or, save some money and shipping time, and get a download of the book for $9.99.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/bringing-home-the-mountain-finding-the-teacher-within/11036083

May you enjoy it and find it helpful on your path,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment