Thursday, June 17, 2010

Om Arunachala. The Mountain of my Heart.


Arunachala! Thou dost root out the ego of those who meditate on thee in the heart. 
~Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi 

It is difficult to explain the spiritual vibration of this 1,600 foot mountain, or sacred hill, called Arunachala. It is located in the Southern State of Tamil Nadu and is said to be part of the oldest mountain range in the world. Hindus believe Arunachala embodies the Hindu God Shiva; thus, it has been an important pilgrimage destination for over a thousand years. Ramana Maharshi first came to Arunachala as a teen following his awakening, and lived there until his death in 1950. This was the reason I had come, as Ramana's ashram is located at its base. However, it wasn't until arriving to Tiruvannamalai did I experience the intense energy of this mountain. My heart felt expansive and pounded with a primal force. I yearned to move closer, to fall into complete union. My gaze was entranced by its splendor, as though I had fallen instantly in love. I knew I was home. I had come home to my own heart. The Mountain and I were One. 


Bringing Home the Mountain-Finding the Teacher Within describes my first union with the Mountain, and the subsequent journey into the heart that began that day. 



"Today I am filled with such a peaceful, radiating energy. I feel at home here, as though I could spend the rest of my life here by the Mountain. Thank goodness, the Mountain is within me as the Self. The power of Arunachala is mysteriously beyond all understanding and words.”  ~Bringing Home the Mountain: Finding the Teacher Within


http://www.freeheartpress.com/



























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Spectacular.
    Love and Truth Arunachala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om Arunachala Shiva. You are my light. You stopped my walking, and held my gaze. The loving distance of my devotion, the division. A heartache for union. Om Ramana, you too I searched to find. Even as I fell into your embrace and my Bhakti Heart was lost in the sea of love, I still struggled to find you.

    The latter of devotion helped me ascend beyond the mountains of my greatest desire. Love crossed the distance, free falling into the deepest recesses of my heart. Union of lovers, without boundaries of space and time, Om Arunachala Shiva Om.... it was there we met.

    ReplyDelete